Both CPT Lite and CPT Pro offer in-app purchasable items. If you are using CPT on multiple devices and you purchase one of these items on a device (Device A), you may need to follow the steps below in order to ensure that the feature is also available on the other devices (Device B, C, etc).
These steps can also be necessary if you ever need to reinstall the app and want to ensure that all your previous add-on purchases are also restored.
Steps to Restore In-App Purchases
- Open CPT and tap the Settings tab. Then tap “Add On Features”.
- You should see an option listed titled “Browse Add-On Features”. Tap this item display the available add-on features.
- NOTE: If you don’t see this option, it’s probably because you haven’t logged in with your CPT User Account. Enter your CPT User Account username/password in order to proceed.
- You will now see the list of the various purchasable items, along with a status message right below the price. The status message is customized to the type of product, so it may indicate whether or not an item is purchased, subscribed to, or in the case of consumable items, a quantity of that item remaining. Note the status messages for the items you believe you have previously purchased.
- Now look for the green refresh button in the upper right corner of the dialogue. Tap this button to initiate the Restore Purchases process.
- You will be prompted for your App Store username/password. This process with then ask the App Store what you have purchased previously and will update the status of those items. You should see the effect of the restore process after a few moments.
- And that’s it. You should now have your in-app purchases restored to this device.
- Make sure you have access to the internet before starting the process. Since the app needs to request the purchase receipts from the App Store, internet access is a requirement for this step.
- Also make sure you are using the same App Store login details as you’ve used in the past. Your purchases are tied to that account, so logging in with a different account will result in those purchases not being seen.